My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.business-powerpack.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Would A Membership Blog Be Helpful?

I've been blogging here regularly for over a year which works out at over 200 posts.

I know I'm getting a lot of readers, because I see the subscriber count and also the number of readers through Google Analytics and Statcounter.

I've had clients ask me why I don't start running a members only blog that gives insider tips on copywriting, search engine optimisation and my take on subjects too numerous to contemplate.

Until now I've always said that really I just like blogging because I can offer advice and it's up to the reader how they use it. I know it's great advice - because people have told me so!

That said, I feel no further obligation to make sure I'm giving a step by step instruction list of how to do stuff. And there's no pressure to blog 5,6 or 7 days per week to make sure people get their value for money.

Finally, I've been asked again if I can do a members only site. Similar to this blog but with more content and downloads and also to include a podcast. And maybe a forum...

It's like standing on the edge of a precipice looking over. Do I go with the membership site or not?

The benefit with a member blog is that by making membership a regular monthly payment only like-minded, committed business people would join up. People who know what they're doing and want to earn more.

Then posts to the forum would be between those committed members.

The new blog starts on Friday of this week. I've already set it up and subscribers will be emailed the URL.

I want to trial this for a few weeks so I'm limiting the starting numbers to 100. As soon as I've filled the membership I'll take down the subscribe button from this blog, although the unsubscribe button will remain.

Join now by pressing the subscribe button either here, or on the sidebar. 

No comments:

* View Other Blogs Reactions
Like the post? Bookmark it Now Using:
del.icio.us, Digg, Furl, reddit, Technorati or share on Facebook

Other bookmarks or things you can do with this post...