My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.business-powerpack.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

7 Blog Writing Clients

The hunt continues in my quest for a great blog writing client.

I've written about this sacred quest in a previous

I've now tried

  • Blogger
  • Zoundry
  • Rocketpost
  • Wordpress
  • Qumana
  • Elicit
  • Live Writer

You can see my thoughts on Blogger, Zoundry and Rocketpost at my previous post.

I've started using Rocketpost again as I like the way it generates tags and related posts. Although the downside on the related posts is that you have to search to find the posts in shows and create links to them! A bug that I'm sure they'll sort out in due course.

Wordpress is an excellent tool although not nearly as good, or as powerful, as the desktop client tools.

Qumana is a strong, simple tool. It allows you to add tags (but only for Technorati) and doesn't allow you to use styles for headings.

 I loved Elicit it allowed you to see all your blogs in one window and used a drag and drop system allowing you to easily change planned posting dates and times. You can even change the blog you're posting to. This was definitely the best client software I've used. Unfortunately not free and I'm still deciding whether I want to buy it.

In the meantime...

And at last Microsoft has come out with it's own offering -Windows Live Writer. It looks to be a very nice client.

I've used it to write this post and I'll keep you updated as to whether I adopt it or go for Elicit or Rocketpost. 

 


Wikipedia: zoundy, qumana, microsoft livewriter, rocketpost, Elicit, Blog writer, Blog client
Google: zoundy, qumana, microsoft livewriter, rocketpost, Elicit, Blog writer, Blog client
Technorati: zoundy, qumana, microsoft livewriter, rocketpost, Elicit, Blog writer, Blog client
Del.icio.us: zoundy, qumana, microsoft livewriter, rocketpost, Elicit, Blog writer, Blog client

No comments:

* View Other Blogs Reactions
Like the post? Bookmark it Now Using:
del.icio.us, Digg, Furl, reddit, Technorati or share on Facebook

Other bookmarks or things you can do with this post...