My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.business-powerpack.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Do You Share This View of Web Sites?

Darren Rowse at Problogger.com asked Guy Kawasaki (the author of "The Art of The Start" and "Rules for Revolutionaries" ) one question along the lines of: What would you do differently if you had to start your blog again?

(25-01-2007 Update: I put Guy down as the author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad - which is incorrect as Karl Blanks was kind enough to point out. As I own Rich Dad, Poor Dad I should have remembered! Anyway thanks Karl)

Guy’s Kawasaki’s answer was

“I have a slightly different take on this. If I could start all over again, I would not have created a web site (ie, www.guykawasaki.com). I would have started with a blog and used my siderail for all the “brochure” functions of my site.”

Guy goes on to explain that his site had about 500 people a day visit compared to his blog which has 10,000 people either reading or subscribing to it.

In reality a blog is a web site. It’s just taken the content management out of the technical people’s hands more. So people can add content almost at will. Even editing templates is not beyond the wit of many internet users.

Does that mean we should ditch web sites?

I think most companies still benefit from a recognisable web site. The thing to do is to post your blog to your web site so you’re getting the advantage of constant new content for your site. Provided it’s useful of course!

Wikipedia: , , ,

Google: , , ,
Technorati: , , ,
Del.icio.us: , , ,


No comments:

* View Other Blogs Reactions
Like the post? Bookmark it Now Using:
del.icio.us, Digg, Furl, reddit, Technorati or share on Facebook

Other bookmarks or things you can do with this post...