My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.business-powerpack.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The top 50 entrepreneurs of 2005

I've been trying to find a list of the top 50 UK entrepreneurs of 2005.

Just so I can see who they are and see what I can learn from them.

When I eventually tracked down the list I was pleased to note that I'd met a few of them.

At number 49, Jonathan Jay. Jonathan had an illuminating story to tell about how the Coaching Academy started and I bought his book "Fire Your Boss!". I've not read it all but I really am thinking about reviewing it for www.Blogcritics.org.

I was suprised to see Philip Green at 43 as I always thought he was way up towards the top earners. He certainly appears to count Sir Alan Sugar amongst his friends. And Stelios Haji-Ioannou at number 29.

Duncan Ballantyne is at 26 with an inspiring rags, or trainers, to riches story.

Sir Richard Branson at number 7 seems about right.

Then finally in the top spot is James Murray Wells whose name I didn't even recognise. Apparently he's hitting the high street spectacle makers hard!

What I think would be useful is a list of the world's top 50. Then we'll see how the UK stands. Personally I suspect China and India will do well in that list.

No comments:

* View Other Blogs Reactions
Like the post? Bookmark it Now Using:
del.icio.us, Digg, Furl, reddit, Technorati or share on Facebook

Other bookmarks or things you can do with this post...