My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.business-powerpack.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Are You Sick Of Relentless Marketing Like This Too?

I'm talking about Internet affiliate marketing and in particular for a program called Stompernet that's aimed at helping people go up the Search results in Google, Yahoo, MSN and other search engines.

In my quest to keep up with what's happening in copywriting, marketing and business I subscribe to a pile of ezines.

Foolish? Maybe.

It certainly feels like it when I get a barrage of emails through on how desperately important Stompernet is to almost anyone who can breathe and has a business.

The messages came through in a variety of formats from all of the following: 

  • Keith Wellman
  • Armand Morin
  • Dr Mike
  • Andy Jenkins
  • John Reese
  • Dymphna Bolt
  • Mike Filsaime
  • Shawn Casey
  • The Rich Jerk
  • Joel Osborne
  • Brad Callen
  • Andy Jenkins (Runs Stompernet)
  • Brad Fallon (Runs Stompernet)
  • Cody Moya
  • Stephen Pierce
  • Willie Crawford
  • Joel Christopher
  • Ben Shaffer
  • Carl Galletti
  • Yanik Silver
  • Andrew Fox
  • Shawn Casey
  • Gary Ambrose
  • Jeff Dedrick
  • Ken McCarthy
  • Soren Jordansen
  • Kevin Wilke

Rich Schefren didn't do an affiliate message but did get in on the act by warning me (his email list) to wait before ordering and then choose the affiliate with the best bonuses.

I've started auto-deleting all emails with the word "stompernet"  in it.  After over 200 emails asking me to look at videos, PDFs and web sites my interest dwindled from "so what" to "get out of my hair now!"

It's my fault that I got so much email about it. Normally I like to see how (or even if) affiliates change their email copy from that given to them.

To prevent this type of email log jam happening again I suspect I'll be unsubscribing from a few of the lower echelon marketing affiliates.

Normally I love reading Brad Fallon's blog. It's a slice of SEO life and usually quite interesting. So I'm quite sure the Stompernet is going to help some businesses become super-successful.

I'll soldier on applying my own methods for the moment. And I'm doing pretty well thanks. Certainly this blog often comes up in the first 10 on Google for some quite intriguing keywords!

For example...

  Keywords               Result Page and Position

  1. toma branding..........................................#1 result 1 and 2
  2. david ogilvy book.....................................#1 result 4
  3. duncan ballantyne dragons den.................#1 result 8 and 9
  4. apprentice uk sayed...................................#1 result 3 and 4
  5. lorel langemeier media...............................#1 result 4
  6. telemarketing selling skills- mobile phone-uk..#1 result 9

 My only recent real failures to get into the top 10 results was for "gary bencivenga"  the world's highest paid copywriter and "Ogilvy advertisment". In both cases I got on the second page. Not really much use in SEO terms. Even though the Ogilvy advertisment keyword returned 1,630,000 results.

Must Try Harder on those two then! 


Wikipedia: , , , , , , , ,
RottenTomatoes: , , , , , , , ,
MySpace: , , , , , , , ,
Google: , , , , , , , ,
Technorati: , , , , , , , ,
Del.icio.us: , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

* View Other Blogs Reactions
Like the post? Bookmark it Now Using:
del.icio.us, Digg, Furl, reddit, Technorati or share on Facebook

Other bookmarks or things you can do with this post...