Web 2.0 sites like Squidoo, MySpace, YouTube and others are very interesting.
I've said before that I believe that Web 2.0 is just the evolution of the Internet.
The Internet Chronology
The way the Internet works we've had the following technologies:
- FTP and Gopher for getting content in the beginning
- The first web browser built
- The first web sites begin to sprout on the World Wide Web
- Then the Internet becomes more popular and web sites proliferate
- Blogs begin
- Blogging allow comments and feedback
- Squidoo, Digg and YouTube arrive and allow users to provide most of the content.
So as you can see over the last 15 years or so the Internet has slowly moved from several specialist sites using many people to provide the content to many sites providing content from one person.
I've had a MySpace account and Squidoo lens for some time to experiment with and have just bought an ebook that promises to help make some money from Squidoo...
The book is called Social Networking 101 and is written by someone who's been on Squidoo since it was in its testing phase before going onto the Internet proper.
I will write a review for it in due course so you can see whether it might be useful for you to make some money through Web 2.0!
You can check out my still incomplete Squidoo lens it is The Lazy Man's Way To Blog.