My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.business-powerpack.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Marketing Can Make The Emperor's New Clothes Too

There are times when I'm baffled that companies subscribe to being bamboozled by their consultants.


Dan Kennedy notes in his blog that ""Timken Company has adopted a new slogan, "Where You Turn." The new tag line replaces 'Worldwide Leader in Bearings And Steel.'"


I did try and comment on Dan's blog but couldn't see the captchas in my browser.


My comment?


Simply this...



Give me strength! Please let it be a spoof.


They must have employed several consultants to come up with such a cute slogan. It would equally suit a road making company, a steering wheel manufacturer, a windmill ... and on, and on.


Aaargh.


Surely this is a fabulous demonstration of The Emperor's New Clothes?

No comments:

* View Other Blogs Reactions
Like the post? Bookmark it Now Using:
del.icio.us, Digg, Furl, reddit, Technorati or share on Facebook

Other bookmarks or things you can do with this post...