My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.business-powerpack.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

In The End Make Sure You've Followed This Golden Rule


The Internet is a gift to the procrastinator. I was doing a little research on a marketing angle when the site I was on mentioned the cluetrain manifesto and how it defined what the site was about.

Hmm. I thought...

So I immediately clicked onto the link and found this great quote:

"Life is too short," we say, and it is. Too short for office politics, for
busywork and pointless paper chases, for jumping through hoops and covering our
asses, for trying to please, to not offend, for constantly struggling to achieve
some ever-receding definition of success. Too short as well for worrying whether
we bought the right suit, the right breakfast cereal, the right laptop computer,
the right brand of underarm deodorant"


Having been in business for quite some time now I've seen every single aspect of life mentioned in the quote.

So if life is too short what should we concentrate on?

To my mind there is only one golden rule: "Do what you believe is right".

That doesn't mean take decisions with no knowledge or recklessly. It means knowing as much as feasible - do the right thing.

I've always followed this rule, sometimes I've been wrong. Sometimes I've followed it in a political situation which has made my situation more difficult. But like taking responsibility in the end you need to look back at all you've done and know you followed the Golden Rule.

Otherwise you're just another pawn in someone else's game.


Technorati : , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , ,
Ice Rocket : , , ,
Flickr : , , ,
Buzznet : , , ,
43 Things : , , ,

No comments:

* View Other Blogs Reactions
Like the post? Bookmark it Now Using:
del.icio.us, Digg, Furl, reddit, Technorati or share on Facebook

Other bookmarks or things you can do with this post...